Sunday 3 June 2012

An idea for a future venture

Over the last 2 years I've watched a hell of a lot of videos on YouTube, relating to Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fifa 12, and Battlefield 3 and many more from directors such as KSI OlajideBT, Gunns4hire, Lvlcap, RivalXfactor, Xjaws, Elpresador, DCRU Colin, BigMooney & Sandy Ravage (Who could ever forget the "Booster Justice" videos Sandy released?

Anyway.. I found myself thinking the other day "Whats the one thing all of these YouTube directors have in common??" and the answer to this is simple. They are totally awesome at what they do

As an example, take a look at one of Sandy Ravage's videos:


Also one of my favourite video series on YouTube is by BigMooney and his Battlefield 3 top plays of the week:


Finally one of my fave directors is KSI OlajideBT and his FIFA 12 Videos:

Now I wish I could be as good as all of these guys in the above 2 clips, and every time I watch these kind of videos it makes me feel like I AM that good, and when I actually play the game, I'm not.. I'm.. well.. nothing more than average! Ok, granted on games like Black Ops I have a kill to death ratio of over 1.0 (which is nothing special, but for me its the base marker I want to aim at) and also on Battlefield 3, where its not about K/D ratio but I'm always checking mine to make sure I don't drop below a 1.0 K/D ratio. Battlefield is all about playing the objective and not a run/gun thing like COD so its annoying I am constantly focusing on my K/D!

So... What is my idea? Well basically, I am planning on doing a YouTube channel called "The Average gamer" where I record footage of my games and show them to the YouTube community and get people to give me tips/tricks to help improve performance on these games.. and maybe.. just maybe I can one day hope to be half as good as the above mentioned YouTube directors!

Those are my thoughts. Let me know what you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea a lot but with a slight tweek. "The Average Gamer" sounds boring. "The Superstar Gamer" will get a lot more hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any updates on the Average Gamer channel, Stu?

    ReplyDelete