Tuesday 28 February 2012

What I've been playing

Last night I had an unexpectedly free night so thought I'd catch up on a little bit of gaming..

Thought I'd start off by doing a couple of matches with my "Be a pro" character on Fifa 2012, nothing significant... Then thought I'd do a bit of the "Ultimate Team" mode.. Now this has been my favourite addition to the last few carnations of Fifa. Its basically a mode where your team is built up of player cards that you have won via the in-game auction house, or buying packs of cards.. There are big numbers of each player, and each card has a formation that the player works best in. My team is always a good old fashioned 4-4-2 formation, so naturally I only keep/play players who have a 4-4-2 formation.

I decided to do an online game with my 4-4-2 team, and I was amazed that I won 2-1 (As I'm crap at it, and hardly ever win! hahaha) but the goal my opponent scored (around 90th min) was the same kind of goal that I always concede since Fifa 2010 and thats where the opposition player runs with the ball into the box, and then does a skill trick, to cut inside and always, always uses a finesse shot (a placed, curled shot, instead of power) and it annoys me! This is one of the reasons I like Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES2012) better as there is no finesse shot, and for me, it just plays better.

After my win, I decided to have a go on Battlefield 3 that the lovely people at Lovefilm had sent me.. Wanted to have a go on the online side of things but first there was a big 167mb update, and then it wanted me to install the HD content, and then there was another 2gb update... And then it wanted my online pass code details (Which I didn't have as its a rental) and I wasn't going to pay like £10 to get one.. so that was short lived! back to Lovefilm you go!

Then played a bit of Call of Duty: Black Ops with my brother, on a Combat Training mission, which pitted me and my brother against 9 AI controlled enemies. For a laugh we decided to go all "Gangsta" and roll with Uzi's with the rapid fire attachment. This was fun, although the iron sights on those guns are shocking and we couldn't see bugger all while aiming down the sights! We ended up tomahawking people which is always fun!

Moved onto PES and I must say, this is the game I spend most of my "online time" on. The best thing in my view about PES is the fact I can do co-op with my brother against an AI controlled team. You cannot do this online on FIFA where its just 2 human v 11 AI, and this for me is a shame. Anway, I digress.. Barcelona vs Bayern Munich was the fixture, and seeing as they inflicted a 3-2 loss on us last time, we needed revenge. Did we get it..?? Pfffft, did we hell! I got Puyol sent off after 15 mins for a silly challenge and we ended up losing 2-1, to the most stupid goal ever! Ribery crossed the ball in from a corner and Gomez headed the ball.. Luckily we had a man on the post so he blocked it, but the ball dropped and bounced twice on the keepers back, he got up and smashed the ball into one of our players faces (unintentionally of course!) and it flew off him into the net! Bah!

Anyway, I have a few people interested in writing a couple of articles for you lovely people, so keep checking back soon!

Cheers
Stu

1 comment:

  1. Fifa is just wrong & even I'll accept that battlefield is a damn good game! Still FIFA street demo is out wooo

    ReplyDelete