Sunday 3 October 2010

F1 2010

Played F1 2010 and I've quite enjoyed it. Upon starting a career, I stupidly decided to play a 7 season career, at 100% race distance, which also meant full length practice and qualifying sessions.

I am currently waiting to do my 3rd race and even though the difficulty is on hard, and I'm at a rubbish team (Virgin-Cosworth) I am still qualifying top of the grid, winning the race with no difficulty at all, and even lapping a lot of the field. Now, given that Virgin-Cosworth are one of the lower teams, this should not be happening, so I am not finding this much of a challenge, which is a shame.

One noticeable absence is the lack of commentary, I don't want to have my geordie race engineer telling me where my team mate is (usually back of the pack) for 58 laps.......

I had a go online with my brother earlier and we had a couple of races, and I put all the rules/flags onto full etc, to make it as authentic as possible. Again, there is no co-op so my brother cant be on the same team as me, and we cant race against AI, only other humans.

One thing that we both agreed on, is that the damage is not that good.... Normal F1 cars, take hardly any contact and it can mean the end of a race, but on this, the cars can take more punishment even when the damage limit has been set to full. Going back to the flags/rules, we found it laughable that if I was in front of my brother, and I broke suddenly (on purpose so he'd crash into me), HE got the warning for causing a collision, and not me... and if he spun on a corner and I waited for him a bit further along the track, when he came within view of me, I got a warning for illegal blocking...!??! so there are a few drawbacks with this game, but overall... Its a pretty respectable 7.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment